Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just Roll With It

I sometimes seem to have the worst luck in the world. My husband said I marred into bad luck, I say I've had it all my life. I spill some kind of food on me almost any time I eat, no matter how hard I try to be careful. I break heels more than anyone I've ever known, and coffee is a magnet to my shirt anytime I wear white! Something feels off when there is a day that goes by without incedent.

This morning for instance, everything was going smoothly, too smoothly. I was up early, left for work early, had a nice cup of coffee and didn't manage to spill any on myself! So when I got to work and one of my coworkers told me I had a tear the size of a baseball in the back of my pants and my butt cheek was in view for everyone to see, I didn't freak out. I went and found a sweatshirt, tied it around my waist, and continued with my day.

You might think that I would have been so embarrassed  I didn't show my face the rest of the day, but I did.In fact, I laughed at myself right along with everyone else laughing at me. The thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way. (Although I could do without the hole in my new Skinnies)

If you freak out when something doesn't go according to plan, you'll constantly be stressed. Life has a funny way of reminding you that sometimes, life DOESN'T pan out according to our plans. Embracing those not-so-perfect moments not only makes you less apt to freak out when they DO happen, it will help you realize that those little moments usually turn into the best stories and memories. So learn to laugh at yourself, to find humor in bad luck. Don't let it get you down, keep pushing forward. No matter how small or large the mistake, rip, or stain!




No comments:

Post a Comment