Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Birchbox Review - October 2012

Birchbox is a subscription service that delivers luxe beauty samples to you each month. For 10$ a month, you get sample sizes of everything from perfumes, organic teas, hair and makeup products, etc., customized to fit your taste. It also comes with online tutorials for makeup and hair, insider tips, and major discounts of full size products. This subscription is a GREAT way to try out the latest trends and products, without forking over a lot of cash to see if you like it. It introduces you to great brands and products that you might have otherwise missed. To join, simply go to https://www.birchbox.com/join.

For each month, I will list the products that came with my Birchbox, plus a review of each. If you also get a subscription, and would like to submit your review for the blog, please contact us directly :) Enjoy!!

Product 1: Harvey Price | Eau Flirt

www.harveyprince.com/

 I really enjoy the scent of this. It was extremely flirty, and with a little citrus and pumpkin - this is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Just a little went a long way, and lasted through my work day and still lingered by evening. I'd highly reccomend this product for anyone who wants to make a statement.

-A women who doesn't wear perfume has no future. Coco Chanel

 

 

 

Product 2: LIQWd | SiLK Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment

 

This stuff is a miracle in a bottle! As a model, I'm constantly styling, ironing, blow drying - simply put, I'm constantly damaging my strands. This results in a major lack of moisture. Using this product left my hair silky, smooth, and feeling healthier than it has in ages! I almost couldn't believe it was even my hair! This product also claims to boost volume. On that note, my fine hair didn't feel much more volumized - so I'd leave that job to another product. But if you're looking for smooth, tangle-free, hydrated (and not to mention yummy smelling) hair - this product is definitely the way to go.

The hair is the richest ornament of women.  ~Martin Luther

 

Product 3: LIQWd | The Perfect Wave

 

  



To be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of this product. I have stick straight hair, and it takes a little work to get any kind of wave to hold. The smell was nice, and the product was very light-weight, but after using it according to the directions, it just didn't make the beachy waves without the crunch it claimed to. I have a feeling this would have worked better if i had a natural wave or curl to my hair already. But for my pin-straight hair, this product was a no-go.










Product 4: Mox Botanicals | Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter


Smooth Texture.
Yummy Smell.
Ecologically Friendly.

Honestly, the packaging and ecologically friendly elements are what you seem to pay for. It worked pretty decent, but you could find products with similar effects at your local drugstore for much cheaper. 


 

Product 5: theBalm Cosmetics | Mary-Lou Manizer


The packaging is super cute!! 
This all-in-one highlighter, shadow, and shimmer does it's job well! This product is a great way to change up your every day look, from dabbing a small bit on your brow bones, to using it as a blush, to emphasizing your lips by using a little over your cupids bow. Use sparingly, a little bit of this stuff goes a long way. Too much WILL make you look ridiculous




Mighty Leaf Tea | Assorted Teas

 Green Tea Tropical

 Organic Earl Gray

Organic African Nectar


The fruit really stood out in the African Nectar and Green Tea Tropical. I really enjoyed the flavors and would highly recommend them!My favorite of the three was the Green Tea Tropical, which was just the right amount of fruity for me <3


2 comments:

  1. I had a different Harvey Prince fragrance called "Hello". At first I thought it was delicious but about 10 minutes after I sprayed some on the back of my hand, I realized that I smelled like I'd bathed in "Electric Youth". Wish I'd received a different fragrance.

    ALTHOUGH... I can absolutely attest to the long-lasting aspect. Unfortunately in this case...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you PaintingChef for your response!

    Sounds like that's definitely one to stay clear of :)

    ReplyDelete